I was happy to go on a small adventure with my brother recently to pick up five pregnant Valais sheep. My brother is making a major lifestyle change. He is becoming a shepherd after being a CEO/CPA for forty years. He has truly redefined his lifestyle. Our time together had some humor and a lot of amateur philosophizing. Please enjoy the video above and linked below and let me know your thoughts.
You can also watch the video here
Some Organizational Tips
It’s all about changing habits in 2023. So if you’ve decided to take the plunge and master the art of organization this year, use the 8 tips outlined below! These tips will help you form sustainable cleaning habits that will keep your home sparkling throughout the next 12 months and beyond.
1. Start Small – Don’t just dive right into decluttering and reorganizing your spaces. Instead, ease into your cleaning resolution by tackling smaller chores like cleaning out a wallet or purse. Starting small can help you prevent cleaning burnout and create lasting habits.
2. Spend 15 Minutes Tidying Every Night — Before you go to bed each night, make a point to quickly tidy each room. Put away clothes, pick up trash, and put dishes in the dishwasher. While it sounds small, just 15 minutes of cleaning can have a huge impact on your home!
3. Use the “One In, One Out” Rule — Make sure you aren’t cluttering your home with things you no longer need. For every new item you add to your space, get rid of something similar. For example, if you recently bought some new shoes, consider donating an old pair.
4. Actually Throw Away Your Trash — While it sounds obvious, you’d be surprised to learn how much of your clutter is actually stuff meant for the trash bin! Shopping bags, gift boxes, tags, and other small items can pile up so be sure to toss them or recycle them as soon as you can.
5. Create a Home for Everything — It’s easy to allow new items to sit in your entryway, on your kitchen counter, or in front of your closet. Help avoid this unnecessary buildup of clutter by ensuring each new item you bring into your home has a space where it permanently lives. If you can’t find a home for these items, it may be time to consider getting rid of something!
6. Keep Cleaning Supplies Close to Where You Use Them — Make cleaning easier on yourself by storing cleaning supplies in their proper spaces! For example, keep some bathroom cleaner, a microfiber cloth, and toilet brush right in your bathroom so you can easily grab them and wipe down the room in just a few minutes.
7. Set Up a Cleaning Schedule — One of the best ways to ensure you create long-lasting cleaning habits is by setting up a cleaning routine! You can even add your routine to your physical or digital calendar, so you don’t forget what you’re supposed to be tidying each day.
It would be so great if I could follow what I preach.